Instructed by Dr. Angela Trego, PE, PMP, FHEA, AIAA Associate Fellow.
From 20 October – 12 November 2020 (4 Weeks, 8 Classes, 16 Hours)
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 1400-1600 Eastern Time (all sessions will be recorded and available for replay; course notes will be available for download)
The most important Professional Development skills for Aerospace Engineers looking to advance their careers. All students will receive an AIAA Certificate of Completion at the end of the course
Are you satisfied with your aerospace career? Are you just starting out or wanting that next promotion? Where do you see yourself in the future? Do you want to pursue the technical or managerial path? No matter where you are on your professional journey, understanding the requirements and developing the skills needed to advance your aerospace career are a necessary element.
This course will enhance your soft skills in a technical environment to support individual growth. You will learn communication, networking, negotiation, and career planning skills as you look to taking those next steps in your aerospace career.
· Define the various career opportunities for aerospace engineers
· Gain confidence in your technical and non-technical skills
· Discuss various soft skills such as time management, negotiation, and strategic planning
· Explore various types of communication skills ranging from giving presentations to giving feedback
· Understand the necessary skills needed to transition from being an engineer to a manager
[Detailed Outline Below]
Who Should Attend
This course intended for early and mid-career professionals looking to gain the non-technical skills necessary to go further in their careers.