The AIAA Greater Huntsville Section is organizing a technical panel discussion to focus on NASA Marshall Flight Center's participation in the Commercial Crew Program (CCP). NASA Marshall Space Flight Center provides engineering support for the Commercial Crew Program. This includes human rating certification of the Atlas V and Falcon 9 launch systems for the CCP mission and verifying each launch vehicle complies with flight certification. MSFC provides expertise in nearly all aspects of launch vehicle design and performance including solid motors and liquid engines, stage propulsion, thrust vector control, structural and dynamics, safety and mission assurance.
A panel of NASA Commercial Crew Launch Vehicle Propulsion Engineers will present an overview of countdown and launch operations and explain how the new commercial partnership model has changed the way we conduct human spaceflight.
The Panel will consist of the following members:
- Deborah Crane - Launch Vehicle Chief Engineer
- Adam Butt - Falcon 9 Launch Vehicle Lead Engineer
- Catherine Sanders - Launch Vehicle Engineering Propulsion System Manager
- Miranda Holton - Launch Vehicle Main Propulsion Sub-Systems Manager
- Sean Kenny - Launch vehicle propulsion systems expert
- Patrick Mills - Falcon 9 Engines Systems Sub-System Manager
- Jason Thrasher - Atlas Centaur Engine Systems Sub-System Manager