Pressure Gain Combustion: Public Forum

View Only

Summary of PGC sessions and some relevant event at 2024 Scitech

• 1.  Summary of PGC sessions and some relevant event at 2024 Scitech

Posted 05 Jan, 2024 18:11

Dear PGC TC member,

I wanted to share with you some resource and a few events that may be of interest to some of you, and that would be good for us to support.

PGC Sessions Summary
    First, while thanking the Scitech TDC (Dan Paxson), attached here please finda summary of the PGC sessions that will be at Scitech this year. Hopefully this will help navigate the meeting.

Session Chairing Training
    If you are new to chairing a session to PGC, attached here you will find some training slides that summarize some of the practices AIAA has. Please refer to me or the meeting TDC (Paxson) if you have specific questions.

SciTech TAD All Hands – Sunday, 4:30 PM | Orlando L
    Please join us for a brief update from Lesley Weitz, Chief of the Technical Activities Division, and the Group Directors followed by a networking session. There will be light refreshments served. This is a drop-in event, you do not need to RSVP, but please email me if you want to be added to the calendar invite.

Highlighting Women in Aerospace 2024
    I would like to encourage you to attend this Special Session on Monday, January 8, at 3:30pm to 5:30pm (Location: Celebration 9 (AMT-01/PC-10)). This is a special section highlighting excellence in aerospace by our women colleagues. This  event was originally established by the AMT TC, but it is is growing across multiple TCs. The session will have 4 short talks followed by Q&A. Speakers are:

• Dr. Malissa Lightfoot, Technical Advisor, Air Force Research Laboratory
    • Dr. Hope Michelson, Associate Professor, University of Colorado in Boulder
    • Dr. Aimee Williams, Senior Research Engineer, Georgia Tech Research Institute
    • Dr. Puja Upadhyay, Research Aerospace Engineer, NASA Glenn Research Center

Please encourage everyone in your groups to attend the session.

2023 Air Breathing Propulsion Award
    The 2023 awardee, Dr. Aspi Wadia, will receive his award during the 8am plenary on Wednesday January 10. Please try to attend to support our 2023 winner.

PGC TC Meeting Time (for PGC TC members only)
    Although I already sent a dedicated email to the PGC TC membership, I do want to add here that we will have our TC meeting on Wednesday at 7-9 pm EST. The meeting will be in person, although a virtual option is available if you are not coming to Scitech (Zoom link sent in previous email, and as calendar invite). Please note that this meeting is for TC members only. If you are not a member but would like to explore joining the TC and attend as a guest, feel free to reach out to me.

I look forward to meeting everyone next week.

Best

Mirko

------------------------------
    Mirko Gamba
    Associate Professor
    University of Michigan
    Ann Arbor MI
    (734)764-6675
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)