The Utah Section of AIAA is gladly accepting nominations to sponsor a candidate for the Utah Engineering Council Fresh Faces of Engineering Award. The Utah Engineers Council (UEC) Fresh Faces of Engineering Award recognizes new engineers’ accomplishments in their profession and community. Our nominees come from our member societies, whose volunteers serve on the UEC Awards Committee and select the recipient of this award. The recipient and nominees will be honored at the UEC Engineers Week Banquet in February.
All nominees must meet these criteria:
-- He/she must not have won this award previously.
-- He/she must not be a current UEC officer.
-- He/she must have at least a Bachelor's degree from an ABET-accredited program that was conferred no earlier than the year 2018.
-- He/she must have less than five years of cumulative engineering experience (i.e., no engineering experience prior to the year 2018).
-- He/she must show involvement in engineering projects that improve public welfare, promote engineering, and show potential for substantial future contributions to the engineering profession in Utah.
-- He/she can be working as a member of a larger team, and his/her project does not need to be at his/her place of employment.
The nomination package needs to be submitted must include the following:
- The nominee’s name and titles as you wish them to appear on the plaque recognizing their nomination (e.g., Jane Doe, BSME, P.E.)
- At least 150-word summary of accomplishments in a format that can be easily copied and pasted in the UEC journal
- Resume with
- Professional engineering activities and job responsibilities in reverse chronological order
- List of formal education and degrees conferred
3. Certifications, licenses and other continuing education
4. Awards and patents.
5. Presentations and publications.
- A high resolution, color, stand-alone photo of your nominee for use at the banquet and in the UEC journal available upon request.
At least two letters of recommendation for the nominee that comment on how his/her engineering projects improve public welfare, promote engineering, and show potential for substantial future contributions to the engineering profession in Utah. We recommend one letter be from his/her immediate manager or superior and another letter be from someone who has worked directly with him/her.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, December 16, 2022. Selected recipients will be notified by Saturday, January 31, 2023.
All applications will emailed to email@example.com with “UEC Fresh Faces of Engineering” in the subject line.
Applications will be evaluated solely on the basis of professional credentials, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, ethnic origin, religion, gender, marital status, disability, or gender expression.