The Utah Section of AIAA is gladly accepting nominations to sponsor a candidate for the Utah Engineering Council Engineering Educator of the Year. The UEC Engineering Educator of the Year Award recognizes outstanding educators in Utah communities. Our nominees come from our member societies, whose volunteers serve on the UEC Awards Committee and select the recipient of this award. The recipient and nominees will be honored at the UEC Engineers Week Banquet in February.
All nominees must meet these criteria:
-- He/she must not have won this award previously.
-- He/she must not be a current UEC officer.
-- He/she must have at least a Master's degree from an ABET-accredited program.
-- He/she must teach in an ABET-accredited engineering program at a university in Utah.
-- He/she must inspire students to strive for excellence on the road to their accredited engineering degrees.
The nomination package needs to be submitted must include the following:
- The nominee’s name and titles as you wish them to appear on the plaque recognizing their nomination (e.g., Jane Doe, BSME, P.E.)
- At least 200-word summary of accomplishments in a format that can be easily copied and pasted in the UEC journal
- Resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with
- Professional engineering activities and job responsibilities in reverse chronological order
- List of formal education and degrees conferred
3. Certifications, licenses and other continuing education
4. Awards and patents.
5. Presentations and publications.
- A high resolution, color, stand-alone photo of your nominee for use at the banquet and in the UEC journal available upon request.
At least three letters of recommendation for the nominee that comment on how he/she inspires students to strive for excellence on the road to their accredited engineering degrees. We recommend one letter be from his/her dean or department head, another letter be from someone who has worked directly with him/her, and another letter be from a current or former student.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, December 16, 2022. Selected recipients will be notified by Saturday, January 31, 2023.
All applications will emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UEC Engineering Educator of the Year” in the subject line.
Applications will be evaluated solely on the basis of professional credentials, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, ethnic origin, religion, gender, marital status, disability, or gender expression.