Call for Nominations!
The AIAA HRS nominations for the 2023 Robert A. Mitcheltree Young Engineer of the Year Award are due by August 12, 2022. Through this award, one member of the AIAA HRS is recognized each year for distinguishing himself or herself in some facet of aerospace engineering practice as a young professional.
To be considered for the award, the candidate must:
· be less than 35 years of age as of December 31, 2022
· have less than 15 years of professional experience
· be actively practicing in the engineering field either in technical analysis, management, research, operations, maintenance, sales, or teaching
· be a member of AIAA Hampton Roads Section*
The Award Selection Committee will review each candidate based on technical accomplishments, leadership, service to professional societies, community service, and awards. The Mitcheltree Young Engineer of the Year Award recipient will be honored at the annual HRS Awards Banquet. In addition, this person will be nominated as the HRS nominee for both the local Peninsula Engineers Council (PEC) annual young engineer award (Doug Ensor Award) and the national AIAA young engineer award (Lawrence Sperry Award).
Please fill out the attached nomination template (YEOYnomination.docx, available for download at https://tinyurl.com/YEOYnominationform) to submit a candidate for consideration. Please submit your nomination electronically by August 12, 2022 to: https://tinyurl.com/2023YEOYaward
Please contact the HRS Young Professionals Committee Chairs if you have any questions.
· Brett Hiller (email@example.com)
· Morgan Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Eligibility Note: All HRS young professional members are eligible, including current Officers and Council Members. However, the current HRS Young Professional Committee Chairs are not eligible while serving on the committee.