"The mission of the LA-LV Section is to benefit AIAA members within our territory by:
• Advancing the arts, sciences and technology of aeronautics, astronautics, and their allied fields
• Facilitating communication between scientists and engineers in the Section and with other professional groups
• Encouraging original research
• Fostering dissemination of new knowledge
• Furthering the professional development of those engaged in scientific and engineering activities
• Improving public understanding of the profession and its contributions
• Recognizing outstanding professional accomplishments
We support this mission through a diverse program of events for members at all stages of their careers, technical activities, newsletters, support of STEM K-12 and Student Chapter activities, social media postings, honors and awards, active coordination with other AIAA Sections, INCOSE, IEEE, and the National Space Society and by recording events and publishing the videos and podcasts on line. We use feedback from our events to plan future programs, determining what works for our members and what they would like to see that is different. We work closely with local museums (Western Museum of Flight, California Science Center, Columbia Space Center, etc.) to ensure we take as much advantage of the rich aerospace heritage in the area as we can, and we create excitement and interest in aerospace through events such as the Space Architecture Workshops. Our 79 events in 2020-2021 drew large audiences of enthusiastic participants from around the world and increased local interest and membership in the Institute."
All Section members are highly welcome to to join us in supporting this mission. We appreciate your participation.